Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2018

To the Young Queer Person Who Has Just Come Out to Unaccepting Parents:

A student I know recently came out to religious, conservative, traditional parents and they’re not taking it well, so I asked some of my friends and readers for some words of support for this young person. It was hard not to read the posts without crying. I wanted to compile them here so that others can pass this on to whomever in your life needs it. 

Helen Boyd had 29 responses from her friends.  All are worth reading.  Here's on of them:
 
I grew up in a Christian fundamentalist household. I now identify as an openly transgendered woman & I’ve been working as a transgender activist for the last 21 years. Everything is possible when you accept yourself & refuse to live from a script someone else has written for you~!


Helen is the author of, My Husband Betty and She's Not the Man I Married.  Both are two of the best real-life books I've read on the subject of crossdressing and transsexualism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated